Phil, Stephen, and Michael D. discuss the the silent singularity and a wide range of other futuristic topics.
- The 100th anniversary of the Tunguska event.
- Movie reviews: Hancock and Wall-e
- Brian Wang’s Mundane Singularity
How much of some of the key goals of a transhuman singularity can be achieved without fullblown molecular nanotechnology, AGI or fusion ? Quite a bit. which is why the real deal with molecular nanotechnology, AGI and fusion will be really impressive. The mundane technological singularity shows the kinds of societal shifts that will be needed in order to fully take advantage of the upside. A lot of systems and processes have to be redesigned. The mundane singularity is 100 to 1000 times faster in terms of production and various capabilities.
- Phil’s Take
- Declaration of Singularity
- Electric inflatable car!
- Terrance McKenna– Time Wave
- Kurzweil’s logarithmic paradigm shift chart
- Mayan calander and the end of the world in 2012.
[This show first aired July 7, 2008.]