This program first aired April 7, 2008.]
Phil, Stephen, and Michael D. discuss the distant future.
- Here’s the complete text of the H.G. Wells classic, The Time Machine.
- How will the MOSH (“mostly original substrate humans” – which means normal, unenhanced humans) fair in the future? Phil has published some thoughts.
- Michael Darling shares that the Star Trek:TNG episode “Ship in a Bottle” is his favorite.
- Stephen is impressed with his new iPod Touch. In addition to being a music/movie player, it’s a wifi device. You can download music directly from iTunes without a computer. It’s got a direct link to Youtube and google maps. You can get your email. It’s the iPhone without the phone.
- Stephen believes that the best answer to the Fermi Paradox is that we are, probably, the only intelligent life in this galaxy. George Dvorsky has a great blog post on the subject.
- On the other hand, Phil may have found extraterrestrial life in his own backyard.